Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone!  My family had a wonderful holiday season.  The four of us rang in 2015 at a local ski resort.  It was just amazing to watch my 5 and 8 year old develop a passion for skiing!  We are hoping for many more family ski trips in the future!

2015 started off with a bang on my business side as well.  This past Saturday, Jan 10th, I hosted a Scrapbooking Fundraiser Crop for Discovery Junction Children's Museum.  We were able to raise almost $700 to help DJCM open its doors for the residents of our community!

The day was filled with friends, fun and craftiness!  Here is a partial view of the room with everyone hard at work (and the Firehall still decorated for Christmas).

Throughout the day, I hosted two Make & Take Sessions.  I will highlight those creations on my blog later in the week. The first session was making 2 cards.  These ladies are always excited to try out some new products and techniques!
After dinner, we created a two-page scrapbook layout - a fun winter theme to go with the frigid outside temperatures. 
The event itself lasted from 10am-10pm.  My 8 year old daughter (who has developed her own passion for scrapbooking and crafting) rode it out until the bitter end.  As I was cleaning up the room at 10:15, with everyone gone but the two of us, she was back at her little table pleading to scrapbook "just one more page!"  
Check back later in the week to see a closer look at what we created during the Make & Take sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment