Tuesday, February 3, 2015

School Pictures - 2nd Grade!

Now that my daughter is halfway through her year in Third Grade, I decided I better get caught up on her school album.  At her school, they take pictures in the fall and spring.  For the first time, her outfits for both pictures coordinated (making it much easier to plan my layout)!  Both outfits had blue and turquoise, and I decided to pull out the orange from her dress in the fall picture to accent with.

I still had some Cloud Nine paper left from last January's National Papercrafting Month Promotion and thought the Lagoon and Sunset patterned paper would be perfect for my layout. I incorporated leftover pieces of the diagonal striped Lagoon paper, and topped it all off with CTMH's new blue shimmer trim!  I mixed and matched a lot of papers and stamp sets to make this layout, but I am so happy with how it turned out.
"Fabulous" and "Friends" (from the old Designed Decor Frame Stamp Set) were stamped to add a little fun to her class picture.  "This Year's" and "highlights" (from last month's National Papercrafting Month stamp set, Year >>Noted) were stamped next to the journal box showing some details from her year in second grade.
I am horrible at writing in straight lines, so I like to have lined journal boxes when I write.  These journal boxes were made using the notebook paper stamp that comes in the Cricut Artbooking Collection.  I just trimmed off the ends that made it look like notebook paper.  For the longer one, I actually stamped the image twice to make longer lines (so easy to do with the see-through stamps).  Each journal box was accented with an arrow (cut from the Artbooking cartridge) popped up on 3D Foam tape.
The title was stamped in Sunset ink using the Handwritten Print Stamp Set - such a fun and playful set! The sides were accented using an arrow stamp from last month's National Papercrafting Month stamp set, Year >>Noted. 
To mirror the gems on the neckline of her sweater, I added a few assorted sparkles. Some were colored using my turquoise ShinHan Touch Marker.
 "An original" (from All the Details stamp set) was stamped in Lagoon ink and cut out to mirror the words on the opposite page.  "Smile" (also from the Artbooking stamp set) was stamped in Sunset, punched out using the 1" circle punch and then popped up on 3D Foam tape.
I just LOVE this new blue shimmer trim.  The color is beautiful and it coordinates perfectly with my daughter's dress! 
Thanks for checking out my latest layout.  Here is a list of CTMH supplies used:
Z1906 Cricut Artbooking Collection
D1555 All the Details Stamp Set
Z3025 Blue Shimmer Trim
Z1151 3-D Foam Tape
Z2465 Turquoise Blue ShinHan Twin Touch Marker
Z1752 Sparkles, Clear Assortment
E1030 Handwritten Print Stamp Set
CTMH Cardstock - Lagoon, White Daisy and Sunset
CTMH Exclusive Inks - Sun
All Materials listed above can be purchased through my Close to my Heart website.

CTMH Materials No Longer Available:
Cloud Nine Paper Packet
Skylark Paper Packet
Designed Decor Frame Stamp Set


No comments:

Post a Comment