Saturday, November 23, 2013

December Parent & Me Workshop - Holiday Photo Block Collage

My daughter was the inspiration for creating Parent & Me workshops.  She just recently attended her first scrapbooking crop and LOVED every minute of it!  While I didn't get very much of my own scrapbooking accomplished, I enjoyed helping her express her creativity through the pages she designed.  It was a day that I will cherish forever!  Later that evening, I decided to pursue CTMH as a career - not only to help my friends on their creative journeys, but also to provide our next generation with opportunities to begin theirs!

At my first Parent & Me workshop, we will be creating a holiday photo block collage.  Not only is this a unique way to display family memories from the holidays, but it will also provide entertainment for kids and adults as they flip and rearrange the blocks to discover new pictures! 

My daughter helped create the version you see here.  We selected 6 pictures of my children with Santa over the years.  Using the Sparkle & Shine Paper pack and the Santa Claus stamp set from the Holidays from The Heart Gift Guide, as well as several embellishments, we created a beautiful and fun décor item!  Shown are two of the six layouts as well as a few close-ups to show details. 



My daughter loved adding the rhinestone "bling!"




One of the hardest parts about these crafting adventures with my daughter is to let her take the reigns.  She did all of the stamping for this project, and I let her decide which paper to put with which stamp.  She also placed the rhinestones where she felt they should be.  I had to bite my tongue as I thought, "Don't you want to move that to the left a bit!?!?".  In the end, she was proud of her final product, and I'm extremely proud of her for creating such a wonderful photo collage!  This will be a permanent holiday coffee table decoration for years to come! 

My vision for these Parent & Me classes is that we as parents can provide a helping hand to our children as they work, but that we let them be in control of their creations!  I feel this is the best way to foster independence and to allow them to develop their own creativity.  The outcome may not be quite what we envisioned, but it will be what our children envisioned and that is the most important thing!

Here are a few pictures of my daughter creating her photo block collage!  CTMH's My Acrylix stamp sets use a clear block system which is easy to use for both adults and children.  It was a piece of cake for my daughter to see exactly where she was stamping her image.




The cost of this workshop is $25 and includes 9 photo blocks with storage base, all materials needed to decorate your blocks and base (all papers will be pre-cut), and use of stamps and inkpads.  It is designed for children ages 6 & up along with their caregiver, and will be held on Sunday, December 15th at 2:00pm.  Light refreshments will be provided. Space is limited, so purchase your kit today to reserve your space!  The RSVP and payment deadline is November 30th to ensure timely arrival of all materials.

Not local to the area, contact me to purchase the kit (with shipping and handling added) and you can create your own version at home!  You will need a few extra supplies to complete your project - ink color(s) of your choice and a holiday stamp set!  I am happy to help you out via e-mail or phone with any questions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment