Friday, May 30, 2014

ABC Blog Hop - Letter "K"

Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter K. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their K element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy.  If you came from Catherine Nowak at Catscrapbooking, then you're on the right track!

For my "K" creation, I decided to focus on Kraft.  There are two elements in my design using that designation - Kraft Cardstock and Keyboard Kraft Alphabet Stickers. 

When I first saw the Skylark Paper Pack, the colors brought to mind our beach pictures from 2 years ago.  I took the layout design on p. 21 of Close to my Heart's Spring/Summer Idea Book & Catalog, and changed a few elements around to make it my own. I also used Pattern 15 from my Make It From Your Heart Book, Volume 2 to design a corresponding page (since the original in the IB was only a single page layout).  All paper and stamp sets used in this layout are from the Skylark Workshop on the Go kit.

Other than the beautiful colors of Skylark, one my favorite elements on this page is the teal shimmer trim.  This stuff is phenomenal to add sparkle to any creation!  It is adhesive on the bottom side, and full of sparkles on the top!  CTMH offers shimmer trim in 6 different colors!

My other favorite element is the Irresistibles triangles.  The Irresistible line is so versatile and adds great dimension to any project.  They are a sturdy white chipboard shape with a resist pattern on them.  I used my Lagoon Ink Pad (or you could you markers too) and just rubbed it over the top.  The ink soaks into the non-glossy surfaces of the shape, but does not absorb into the glossy pattern.  I just used a tissue to wipe any excess ink off the glossy portions.  This is such an easy way to get custom embellishments to fit your layout colors.

If you are familiar with CTMH's products, you may be wondering where I got triangles from.  There are two offerings in the Irresistibles line - hexagons and frames.  I took the square center out of the frames and cut them into quarters (diagonally) to form 4 triangles per square.  If you look closely at the image, you can see the glossy resist patterns on each section (left two rows are the polka dots, middle two are the houndstooth and the right two rows are the stripes).

The Keyboard Kraft Alphabet stickers allowed me to easily add the date to my layout.  I finished off this section with the heart stamp from the Skylark Workshop on the Go Stamp Set.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed my "K" creation.  Here is a list of Close to my Heart supplies used for this card:
Z1825 - Keyboard Kraft Alphabet
Z1918 - Teal Shimmer Trim
G1072 - Workshops on the Go Skylark Scrapbooking Kit
Z1843 - Irresistibles Frames
Z1686 - Cricut Art Philosophy Collection
Z2114 - Cocoa Ink
Z2195 - Lagoon Ink
Z2153 - Sweet Leaf Ink
Z1151 - Foam Tape

All items can be purchased through my CTMH website.

Next stop is Renee Musgrave at Renee's Creative Queens.  In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants

5 comments:

  1. cute layout! What a fabulous way to use the irresistibles! I need to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Check out the layout on p. 140 of the IB. I really liked those triangles, but wasn't sure what they were. Then I got the idea to try irresistibles. Not sure that is what they used, but it is what led me here!

      Delete
  2. great layout and thanks for sharing about how to make the triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos and colours really pop on the Kraft background, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete