Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Birthday Album Cover Page

This past weekend, I attended a semi-annual weekend crop getaway in Staunton, Virginia.  It is always an amazing weekend full of fun, friends and scrapbooking!

This trip, I focused on my son's Birthday album.  He just turned 5, but I hadn't even started on his album!  My plan is to have all of his Birthdays, from 1-18, to be in one album.

The cover page was designed to show how Cole has grown and changed over the years.  I placed my favorite 2"x 2" picture from his first 4 birthdays across the top.  I cut 14-2"x 2" squares from Pear cardstock to be placeholders for the remainder of his birthdays.  The squares are just attached with temporary adhesive so they can easily be removed when another birthday has been reached.  
The lower corner piece will stay permanently and was embellished with the Make a Wish stamp and white enamel stars.
To carry over the star theme, cricut shapes were layered in the upper corner.  With a little help from 3D Foam tape, this became a fun, dimensional embellishment.
The background paper, from the Confetti Wishes pack, fits perfectly with this theme of "Birthdays through the years."  I hand trimmed another paper from the same pack to get the celebrate and candle border for the title box. 
Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you are inspired to create a Birthday album for someone you love!

Here is a list of Close To My Heart Supplies Used:
M1051 - Wish Stamp (only $2.95!!!!)
X7189B - Confetti Wishes Paper Pack
Z2010 - White Enamel Stars
Z1151 - 3D Foam Tape
Z2192 - Pacifica Ink Pad
Z1790 - Cricut Artiste Collection
CTMH Cardstock - Daisy White, Pear, Lagoon, Honey, Pacifica

All materials can be purchased from my website.







No comments:

Post a Comment