Sunday, March 8, 2015

Lucky Banner

Each Monday, Close To My Heart puts out a creative challenge. The challenge for this week was to use an image in the Annual Inspirations guide as inspiration for your own project.  I selected the fall themed banner shown on p. 46.
I stayed true to the original design, but changed the theme to fit the current season.  With St. Patrick's Day a week away, I knew a "Lucky" Banner would be a perfect addition to my mantel.  
I have had a sewing machine for about 2 years, but have only used it a handful of times....and never on paper. Every time I see a project that has been sewn, I tell myself I am going to try that one day.  "One Day" finally happened!

The circles were cut from various shades of green cardstock, green glitter paper and the Topiary Paper Fundamentals cardstock, then sewn together.  The flags for the banner were cut from Kraft cardstock.  Once the letters were adhered, various stitching patterns were used to add a little texture and dimension.
 
 
I am thrilled with how the banner turned out.  There are imperfections in the stitching, but it gives it character!  I can't wait to incorporate this technique on more projects! 

Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest creation!  Here is a list of CTMH products used:
Z2032 - Paper Fundamentals, Adventure Assortment
Z1921 - Baker's Twine Neutral Metallic Assortment
Z1375 - Kraft Cardstock
Z1847 - Green Glitter Paper
Z3017 - Cricut Artfully Sent Collection
Z1790 - Cricut Artiste Collection
CTMH Cardstock in Topiary, Pear, New England Ivy and Sweet Leaf
All of these items can be purchased here.

1 comment: