Sunday, March 6, 2016

Watercolor Blog Hop

Welcome to our Watercolor Blog Hop!  This month, 30 consultants will be showcasing some of the many ways to use watercolors in your projects. 
If you have come here from Gina's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.  The hop is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

This hop really pushed me out of my comfort zone.  I love seeing projects using watercolors, but I have only used them myself a few times.  I created two cards using a technique were you paint directly on the acrylic block, then push the block onto your paper
The first card was inspired by a layout on page 20 of the CTMH Seasonal Expressions mini catalog.  Three different watercolors were applied to a piece of watercolor paper using the technique above.  Once they were dry, I used the fun Dizzy Circles stamp set to create the various shapes.  This stamp set reminds me of my childhood at my grandmother's house.  She had a Spirograph set and I created countless designs using those different circles! 
The enamel dots added a fun little element to the card!  Those purple looking glitter ones are actually from the Blue Enamel & Glitter Duo set!
The second card started with a rainbow of 1" x 1" squares applied using the same technique as above.  The 1" x 1" acrylic block was covered entirely with watercolor paint!
The card overlay was cut from the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge. 
The little birdie and the sentiment are both from March's Stamp of the Month, Sunshine Birdies.  Shinhan markers were used make the images bright and vibrant.  The card was finished off with a little bit of white and gold ribbon, as well as clear sparkles.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed my watercolor cards!  They were a little messy, but lots of fun!
 
Here is a list of Close To My Heart Products used to create these cards:
C1610 - Dizzy Circles Stamp Set
S1603 - Sunshine Birdies Stamp Set
Z3132 - Watercolor Paints
Z2188 - Paintbrush Set
Z3122 - Blue Dots Enamel & Glitter Duos
Z1934 - Flamingo Dots
Z1853 - Aqua Dots
Z1752 - Clear Sparkles
Z3189 - White & Gold Ribbon
Z3168 - Cricut Artfully Sent Collection
Z2060 - Thin 3-D Foam Tape
Shinhan Touch Twin Markers - R140, Y49, G46, GY235, BG61, R11, & P83
CTMH Cardstock in White Daisy and Black

All items can be purchased through my CTMH website.


Now "Hop" on over to Alyson's Blog to see her creation! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!

10 comments:

  1. Interesting techniques! I am learning so much from this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pictures of the steps for making these cards, they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this, thank you for posting the "how to", super cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I love the extra texture you created by smooshing the watercolor paint from your acrlic blocks. What fun--I can't wait to try out this technique!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, these cards knocked my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely nailed it with these two cards! Love the color combos! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stunning- that first one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are amazing! This hop has been really an inspiration to do more water coloring! I love both cards, and will be lifting your ideas ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your cards! I totally have to try this. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete