Friday, February 7, 2014

February Parent & Me Workshop - Bookmarks

February is "I Love to Read" Month.  But in this house, we don't need a special month to love to read!  My daughter is a voracious reader and has to be told to "put the book down and go to sleep" most nights.  My son doesn't read on his own, but he loves being read to.  It's amazing how a kid with seemingly endless energy will cuddle up next to me in our big reading chair and listen to me read book after book after book!

Because of our love for reading, and the theme for the month, I thought it'd be a great idea for kids to make their own bookmarks.  Kids who already love to read will enjoy having their very own handmade bookmarks to mark their spots as they read.  This would also be a great option for kids who don't enjoy reading quite as much.  They might be more likely to pick up a book and start to read so that they can use their new handmade bookmark!  These bookmarks would also make great handmade gifts to friends or family who love to read.

Attendees will make 2 monogrammed bookmarks each, but have the option to make additional sets.  There are three sets to pick from. 

The first set uses the new Timberline paper and is a masculine mix of brown, gold and blue-green.  I made this set for my 4 year old son. 
The second set uses the retired Chantilly paper and is a feminine mix of pastel pinks, greens and yellows.  This set I made for myself!
The third set uses the new Lollydoodle paper and is a fun and bright mix of pink and turquoise.  My daughter made this set for herself.

The workshop will be held on Sunday, February 23rd at 2:00 pm.  Light refreshments will be provided. Space is limited, so purchase your kit today to reserve your spot!  The RSVP and payment deadline is February 16th.

The cost of the workshop is $8 for one set of bookmarks, and is designed for children ages 5 & up along with their caregiver.  If you and your child would like to make more than one set, additional sets may be purchased for $5 per add on set (up to 3 total sets).  Please specify in the comment section which kit(s) you and your child would like to make.  Your choices are Timberline, Chantilly or Lollydoodle.

Workshop Kits
Not local to the area, contact me to purchase the kit (with an added fee for S & H) so you can create your own version at home!  I am happy to help you out via e-mail or phone with any questions you may have

No comments:

Post a Comment